MC407: Multi Purpose Manway
The MC407 was the original multipurpose manway for use on the road tank vehicles for dangerous goods. The design incorporates a 170mm inspection hatch/emergency vent, pressure and vacuum vents, free vent and openings for dip, fill, vapour transfer vent and overfill protection probe. The complete assembly has been tested and approved in accordance with the requirements of AS2809.2-1999 for small compartment tanks.
PV Vent pressure relief = 16 ± 1 kPa
PV Vent vacuum relief = 2 ± 1 kPa
Emergency Vent relief pressure = 30 ± 3 kPa
Emergency Vent capacity = 5500m3 per hour at 45 kPa (suitable for 23m2 exposed tank compartment area)
• The frame is attached to the coaming by means of a steel Clampband, secured by a single bolt and nut. (Clampband is part of the manway assembly).
• The coaming is available in aluminium or mild steel, a location lug and notch is provided to ensure correct location when refitting the hatch after service.
• A two step catch relieves built up pressure when releasing the inspection hatch, thus protecting the operator from injury.
• A rollover protection device is housed in the P&V Vent to completely shut off the vent in the event of a tank rollover. No further venting occurs until the emergency vent opens.
• P&V Vent assembly can be unscrewed for ease of maintenance.
• Manway assembly can be used for top loading and later converted to bottom loading (fitting of overfill protection and vapour vent) with no hot work required.
MC407 Manway Assy c/w Overfill Probe holder
PV007 P&V Vent Sub-Assembly
R802092-701 Fill Hatch Seal
R802072-701 Coaming Seal
MCC202 Coaming - Mild Steel
MCC402A Coaming - Aluminium 4mm
BP300 Blanking Pad 80mm
SC100 Overfill Probe Cover
SV87S Vapour Transfer Vent - Sequential
FH300D Dip Adaptor - 80mm
FH300F Fill Adaptor - 80mm
634BK-80-AL Kamlok Cap 80mm Aluminium lockable
PDH300 Pressure dip hatch
The MC407 is a replacement for the now obsolete MC402.